Rank high in Google with WordPress and Yoast. I take you through my exact setup of how I optimize my new WordPress websites, including tips on why just a plugin will not get you on page 1 of Google and what you need to optimize for a higher chance to rank in the search engines.
What is Yoast SEO?
Yoast SEO was founded by Joost de Valk who created the plugin back in 2010. It has more than 5 million active installations.
The plugin is probably the most famous SEO plugin created for WordPress. Most themes are compatible, and the free version is powerful enough to do your work.
Why should you use Yoast SEO?
If you want to rank higher in Google, you need an SEO plugin to optimize your site. Using a plugin such as Yoast SEO is a great way to fix your website efficiently. It allows you to:
- Input alt-tags
- Automate your meta-data such as your meta-description
- Yoast SEO generates a sitemap that you can add to Google Search Console
- Receive actionable insights for every post and page. Yoast lets you know what you have to fix on everything you publish
- Change your image and title for social networks such as Facebook and Twitter
- Thousands of extra functions, even more with the Premium version of the plugin
How to get started with Yoast SEO?
Watch the video at the top of this article. I take you through all the steps I take to optimize a website for SEO.